January 18, 2007

And then there was another one

Just when you thought it was safe to walk outside and not get bowled over by the boys on their motorbikes screaming around the house, Pete has gone and got a trail bike for himeself. The noise of all threee bikes together is 'one of a kind' and certainly impressing the cows ...not.

Have had some lovely lazy summery days at home, catching up on chores and nights visiting friends (Hi Sam and Sonya) and Family (Hi Craig's and Lamont's). Still some ironing to do, but when isn't it there.

I thought that could be my Ali Edwards word of the year

'washdryandputawaytheclothesinthesameday',

but I was pretty sure that any resolution around that wouldn't last diddly pip, so my word for the year is

Balance

Between our work and family time, play time and volunteer time, sleep time and awake time, giving and receiving, etc. It would be great to have a bit more balance this year, less extremes. I am also feeling quite reflective tonight. A friend of the family that was diagnosed with cancer in Nov last year passed away quickly this week. It has been quite a shock to our family and a reminder to me of what may happen with dad's health as he heads into a new treatment next week. (Hi Dad)

On the scrapping front I have been very lucky to be asked to join the NZ No8 Wired Dares Blog and the first dare for the year should be on the site this Friday, so go have a look. My layout should be added later this weekend depending on internet connections.

I am off to the beach this weekend to catch a few waves with the kids, I am taking some scrapping stuff with me to do at night-time. ;)

Catch you soon, Megs :)

3 comments:

Monique said...

Hi Megan,
you deserve a medal for living with those bikes!! I would be a certified cot case after 5 minutes!!

Well done for deciding on a word for the year...I can't decide...maybe thats what it should be Decisive or something along those lines lol!!

Monique said...

Hi Megan,
you deserve a medal for living with those bikes!! I would be a certified cot case after 5 minutes!!

Well done for deciding on a word for the year...I can't decide...maybe thats what it should be Decisive or something along those lines lol!!

Michelle said...

Hey Megan
Congrats on the spot for NZ Dares. So cool!! Hows the photography going. Hope those actions have helped. If your not to busy give me an email at miche11etw@hotmail.com

Michelle TW